Discovery Education
- Teacher Resource & Student Interactive Learning Site
- Audience: Students
- Subject: All Subjects
- Grade Level: All Grades
Discovery Education provides wonderful digital media for students of all ages. The video's on this site provide wonderful visuals and enrich learning experiences for students. There are some free resources on Discovery Education, but most of the site does require a username and password. I really love this site because it is easy to use and the videos really engage my students. I also love that this site gives you the option of watching clips of videos because there is not always enough class time to watch the entire thing.
Reading A-Z
- Teacher Lesson Plan Site
- Audience: Teachers
- Subject: Reading
- Grade Level: K-5
Reading A-Z is a great site for leveled reading books with accompanying vocabulary words, lesson plans, and discussion questions. It is a great tool for guided reading because it levels the books with DRA levels. I use this site a lot because I do not have a guided reading curriculum so I print a lot of the books and save them to reuse the next year. This website does require a username and password and charges a fee to use, but well worth it!
- Teacher Lesson Plan Site
- Audience: Teachers
- Subject: All Subjects
- Grade Levels: K-4
I LOVE this site! Super Teacher is fantastic for printing worksheets and activities for students. This site has worksheets for math, reading, writing, phonics, grammar, spelling, science,and social studies. I also really like that this site puts up fun worksheets and activities for holidays and seasons. I often use this site to make fun packs for my class to use during different times of the year. Super Teacher just started charging a $20 yearly fee but there are still some resources that are available for free.
Skills Tutor
- Student Interactive Learning & Teacher Lesson Plan Site
- Audience: Students
- Subject: All Subjects
- Grade Levels: K-Adult
Skills Tutor is a differentiated digital curriculum in which schools can buy into. This site is available in many different grade levels and subject areas. My school uses Skills Tutor for third grade math. Our IT teacher creates a two week Skills Tutor competition every year in which students compete by playing the math games on the site. During this competition the students are allowed to use both their computer lab time in school as well as their computers at home. The program is differentiated to allow all students to participate. I really like this program and would love to use it with other subjects as well as math.
Lexia Learning
- Student Interactive Learning
- Audience: Students
- Subject: Reading
- Grade Levels: K-12
Lexia Reading is a technology-based differentiated reading program. On Lexia each student logs into their own personal account so that each student can work as his/her own pace. The programs are designed to enhance the students reading ability and allows them to move up with more difficult games and activities as their reading skills get stronger. This is a program that my school pays for and assigns certain computer labs as Lexia Labs for classes working on Lexia activities.
National Library of Virtual Manipulatives
- Student Interactive Learning
- Audience: Students
- Subject: Math
- Grade Levels: PreK-12
This is a great site for teachers to use on a smart board but could also be used on computer. This site provides online manipuatives for students to use to solve math problems online. These manipulatives align directly with the math standards. There is a fee to use this site.
Smart Exchange
- Student Interactive Learning & Teacher Lesson Plan Site
- Audience: Students
- Subject: All Subjects
- Grade Levels: K-12
This site is a must have for teachers with smart boards. Smart exchange is free and easy to use. You can search for lessons by grade level and topic. Smart exchange is a collection of wonderful smart board lessons created by other teachers. You can also upload your own creative smart board lessons for other teachers to enjoy. I use this site all the time and I almost always find exactly what I am looking for. GREAT resource!
Beth Newingham's Third Grade
- Teacher Resource
- Audience: Teachers
- Subject: All Subjects
- Grade Levels: K-3
Beth Newingham is a third grade teacher that created an amazing class website. Although she is a third grade teacher I think that other elementary level teachers could benefit from the resources on her website. She posts wonderful ideas, pictures, and printable pages. I use a lot of these resources in my own third grade class.
Awesome Library
- Student Resource
- Audience: Students
- Subject: ELA
- Grade Levels: K-12
This site useful for student research. It provides a search bar for students to type in what they are researching. There are different sections of this site designated for certain age groups. The students can also search by subjects. This is a free site.
Writing A-Z
- Teacher Lesson Plan Site
- Audience: Teachers
- Subject: Writing
- Grade Levels: K-6
This site is a great writing resource that provides writing lessons for many genres such as narrative, expository, persuasive, procedural, and transactional. Each one of these genres has stages of writing that gears toward different grade levels. I use this site a lot because it provides great graphic organizers, rubrics, and writing samples. There is a fee to use this site.
No comments:
Post a Comment